Monday, January 9, 2012

Is There No Balm in Gilead?

I never say "my word" in this context - but my word y'all, things have been crazy up in here over the past few days.  I was reminded time and time again of the adage, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Abuse.
Cancer.
Losing a loved one.
Mistrust.
Unforgiveness.
Addiction.
Shame.
Uncertainty.
Fear.

The list of what those in my life are struggling with today could go on and on.

I wish I had some profound insight here.  I've gone back and forth, wrestling through my word for this year;  it's interesting to me how already pervaded my life.  I wonder what the larger purpose in these situations is but moreover, what my purpose is in them.  In some, it is clear;  in others, there may not be any at all in the end. I just don't know.

I started today by praying for my friends who are fighting hard battles; I'll end it the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment